This recipe for shrimp and parmesan steak is a lot like the one from Applebee’s. This surf and turf dish consists of grilled steak topped with shrimp and a parmesan cream sauce. The shrimp is coated with old bay seasoning. You can either grill the shrimp or fry it in the pan. The parmesan cream sauce is just a simple combination of heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and various seasonings. You can use several cuts of steak for this recipe but I used ribeye. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (8 ounces) ribeye steaks
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- ½ lb raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Old Bay seasoning
- Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Pour in the heavy cream while whisking. Continue to cook while whisking until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Thread the shrimp onto the wooden skewers. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and brush it over the shrimp on the skewers. Season the shrimp with old bay seasoning.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the steak onto the grill and cook, turning at least once, until the steak has reached your desired tenderness. Place the shrimp skewers onto the grill and cook until the shrimp are pink, flipping halfway through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the grilled steak onto a plate. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and place them over the steak. Top with parmesan cream sauce.