Steak and potato foil packs are great on the grill. What is nice about this recipe is that everything is prepared in the foil packets and you don’t need to do any additional cooking. The steak and potatoes are drizzled with a garlic butter sauce and then grilled in foil packets. The potatoes are then topped off with cheese, bacon and green onion. The trick here is to not overcook the steak. I would recommend cutting up the potatoes into smaller pieces so that they cook quickly. If you like your steak medium-rare you will want to cut the steak into larger pieces. Enjoy.
- Garlic Butter-
- ½ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 26 ounces of potatoes (washed, and cut into quarters, peeled if you want)
- ¼ cup onion (diced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup cooked diced bacon
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup Colby-jack cheese
- 2lbs ribeye steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a microwave-safe dish combine butter, garlic, and parsley. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until the butter has melted. Set aside.
- Combine the potatoes and onions in a bowl. If you want your steaks well done, slice the ribeye into about 1-inch cubes. For medium-rare steak cut the ribeye into 4-6 large pieces.
- Tear four 15-inch pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil. Divide steaks and the potatoes into the center of each piece of foil. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper. Pour the garlic butter mixture over the steak and potatoes in each foil piece.
- Fold up the sides of the foil first over the steak and potatoes, then fold up the entire bottom half of the foil over the ingredients to join the ends. Fold down to steal, pressing to seal tightly to keep any juices from spilling out.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the foil packs to the grill, cover and cook for 7 minutes on one side. Flip a cook for another 5 minutes on the other side or until the potatoes are cooked through. Carefully open the foil packets, being careful of the escaping steam. Sprinkle cheese, bacon, and green onions over the potatoes. Tent the foil packets to allow the cheese to melt, about 3 minutes.