If you are looking to take your game day food to the next level, give this chorizo fries a try. These fries are loaded with chorizo, cheese, cilantro, and chipotle crema. A little squeeze of fresh lime juice really tops this recipe off nicely. To save time, store-bought French fries are used and you can also use premade chorizo but if you want to take it a step further you can even make your own! The chipotle crema is a combination of crema, chipotle powder and cumin. Enjoy
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen french fries
- 1 (9 oz) tube chorizo
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups grated Queso Quesadilla cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Crema Mexicana
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- On a large baking sheet cook the French fries according to package directions.
- While the fries are cooking, cook the chorizo and ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook while breaking up the meat into chunks with a spatula until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- In a small bowl combine crema, chipotle powder and cumin. Mix well.
- Once the French fries are cooked, remove them from the oven. Top the fries on the baking sheet with the chorizo/beef mixture. Top with the grated cheeses. Place back into the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven. Drizzle with cream and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges if desired.