If you short on time and need a meal that is quick and easy to prepare, taco pizza is perfect for you. This popular recipe adds the ingredients of a taco onto a pizza and uses Pillsbury crescent rolls as the crust. The buttery flavor from the crescent rolls really goes nicely with the flavor of the taco meat. The crescent roll dough is spread out onto a baking dish, placed into the oven and baked, and then topped with refried beans. The pizza is then topped off with a Mexican cheese blend, black olives, green onions, and tomatoes. This taco pizza can also be topped with sour cream, salsa or whatever you like on your tacos. Enjoy!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 (16 ounces) can refried beans
- 2–3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook while breaking up the meat into chunks with a spoon or spatula until browned. Drain any excess liquid. Add the taco seasoning to the ground beef and cook according to the package directions.
- Lightly grease an 11 ½ inch by 16 ½ inch cooking sheet. Unroll the crescent rolls and place onto the bottom and up the sides of the cooking sheet. Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the refried beans into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute. Stir the refried beans and spread them evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust. Top with the taco meat, sprinkle with the Mexican cheese blend and top with tomatoes, black olives, and green onion. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.