Here you have a very delicious, simple and easy recipe for taco salad. Many of you probably have a taco salad recipe very similar to this one. It’s perfect for parties. This is actually another recipe I made for a graduation party not to long ago. It’s funny because when I brought this there someone had nearly the exact same one sitting on the table. Oh well, mine got eaten up first at least :D. Unfortunately, I was so busy preparing about 6 different things at once for the party I forgot to take step by step photos. Sorry guys, it won’t happen again I promise. I find this recipe is great with Doritos but you could use a lot of different types of chips if you choose. I also love this with Catalina salad dressing but once again, if you choose other dressing would work out great as well. If you’re looking for a fantastic recipe to bring to a party or event – give this a try!
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2 packages of taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 heads lettuce (chopped)
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 avocado’s (peeled and chopped)
- 1 ½ cups black olives (sliced)
- 1 bag nacho chips
- 1 bottle Catalina salad dressing
- In a pan brown ground beef along with yellow onions. Add in one package of taco seasoning mix and water as directed on the seasoning package. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together tomatoes, lettuce, avocados, cheddar cheese, red onion, olives, and the other package of taco seasoning mix. Add beef mixture and toss until well combined.
- Right before serving – Toss with Catalina salad dressing and add chips.