Teriyaki Chicken wings are the perfect sweet and tangy appetizer. These wings go great for game day and they are something almost everyone is sure to enjoy. These wings are deep fried and then mixed with a delicious teriyaki sauce. I really enjoyed the flavor that the grapefruit juice gave to the sauce, it was very unique. The sauce combines ingredients such as soy sauce, grapefruit juice, vinegar, and hoisin sauce. It also gets a lot of its flavor from garlic and ginger. If you would prefer not to deep fry the wings they can be baked or grilled as well. You could also make boneless wings and coat them with this sauce. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)
Top 3 Ingredients For Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe
[amazon box=”B001YXXL8U,B07VYPWBQ8,B00558RHB2″ grid=”3″]Print
- 3-4lbs chicken wings (separated at the joint, wing tips discarded)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 5 garlic cloves (minced or smashed)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl whisk together soy sauce, grapefruit juice, hoisin sauce, ketchup, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ground ginger, oil, and sesame seeds. Set aside.
- Pour the sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce becomes reduced and thick (about 20 minutes).
- Heat a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Deep fry chicken wings in batches until fully cooked. (or you can grill them for 8-10 minutes preside on an outdoor grill). In a large serving bowl toss cooked chicken wings with the sauce until well coated.