White chocolate covered pretzels are almost necessary for the holidays. Chances are the majority of you have already made these before but I figured I would post the recipe anyways in the spirit of Christmas. These are very easy to make and fun for the whole family. White chocolate can be replaced with dark chocolate if you prefer, and you can also add crushed peanuts on top instead of sprinkles. The recipe calls for the use of a double boiler but you can just melt the chocolate in the microwave instead if you desire. Everyone have a happy and safe holiday. Enjoy.
- 6 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate
- 1 (15 ounces) package mini twist pretzels
- ¼ cup red and green candy sprinkles
- Melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler sitting constantly until smooth. You can also put the chocolate into a microwave safe dish and microwave until the chocolate has melted.
- Dip each pretzel halfway into the white chocolate completely covering half of it. Sprinkle or roll in the candy sprinkles and lay each pretzel on a sheet of wax paper.
- Repeat until all of the chocolate is gone. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to harden the chocolate and store in an airtight container.