Still, have more of that garden zucchini? If so you may want to give this recipe for zucchini cake a try. That abundance of zucchini cannot go to waste. This is very similar to zucchini bread but it uses crushed pineapple as well as zucchini. This cake is very moist and has a delicious flavor. It might just be the best zucchini cake ever. For the cake pan, I used a Bundt cake pan but several other types of cake pans should work as well (such as a 9×13). Once the cake is cooled it is glazed with a combination of confectioner’s sugar and milk. Like most cake recipe this is super easy and takes very little time. Enjoy.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 cups zucchini (grated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a Bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl beat eggs and sugar until the mixture becomes light colored. Mix in oil. Add sifted flour mixture to the egg mixture. Beat for 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple, walnuts, vanilla extract, and grated zucchini. Mix well and pour into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool for a half hour.
- To make the glaze- In a bowl combine confectioners’ sugar and milk. Mix well. Remove cake from cake pan and allow to fully cool. When the cake is cooled pour glaze over the top.