Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese Recipe
The flavors of chicken, bacon and ranch go great on a grilled cheese sandwich. This grilled cheese is so tasty and easy to prepare, you may want to make it all the time. The chicken is baked in the oven but if you want to save time, you can use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken or heated leftover chicken. Another great idea would be to fry the chicken in the pan in the grease from the cooked bacon. To save even more time you can use precooked bacon if you would prefer. You can use your favorite brand of ranch dressing for these grilled cheese sandwiches. The ranch is both spread on the grilled cheese and can be used as a dipping sauce if you would prefer. Enjoy.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Grilled Cheese
Yield: 2 Servings
- 4 slices French Bread
- 6 slices bacon (cut in half)
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Lay the bacon strips into a large skillet. Heat the pan to medium heat and cook until crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Season the chicken breast on both sides with salt and pepper. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray the baking sheet with cooking spray. Place into the oven and bake the chicken at 350 degrees F. until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.), about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Slice the chicken into thin strips.
- Butter one side of each slice of French bread. Take one of the French bread slices butter side down and spread a layer of ranch dressing onto the top. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of the ranch. Layer on half of the chicken and half of the bacon. Top with an additional slice of cheese. Spread the remaining ranch onto the bottom of another bread slice and place it on top of the sandwich, ranch side down. Repeat with remaining sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches to the skillet butter-side down. Cook until the sandwiches are golden brown on the bottom (about 2 minutes). Turn and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Cook until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Adapted from Fork vs. Spoon.