Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Add chicken, bacon and ranch to a tater tot casserole and you have an easy and delicious dinner. This casserole combines cooked chicken, bacon, tater tots, cheese and a ranch sauce. The ranch sauce is a combination of dry ranch dressing mix, sour cream and cream of chicken soup. For the chicken, you can bake boneless skinless chicken breasts in the oven, boil the chicken or use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken. The rotisserie chicken option is the easiest unless you have leftover cooked chicken on hand. Enjoy.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
Yield: 6 Servings
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 oz) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 strips cooked and crispy bacon (crumbled)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2lb bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, dry ranch dressing mix, crumbled bacon and cheese. Fold in the frozen tater tots. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Place into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, until bubbly.
Adapted from Plain Chicken.