Crispy Chicken with Penne Pasta Recipe
This crispy chicken with garlic penne pasta is great for dinner. The chicken marinated in a lemon and garlic mixture and then coated with breadcrumbs and fried. The garlic penne gets a lot of flavor from garlic, milk and chicken broth. The chicken only needs to be marinated for about 5-10 minutes, so this recipe can be prepared quickly. If you want add a little parmesan cheese to the garlic penne, it is delicious! You can serve this dish with some garlic bread if you desire. Enjoy.
Crispy Chicken with Penne Pasta
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4-5 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2lb penne pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl combine lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and oregano. Add the chicken and mix to coat. Marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the flour, ½ teaspoon of salt and a pinch of black pepper into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish add the beaten egg. In a third shallow dish add the breadcrumbs. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour until evenly coated, then dip in the egg, and then roll in breadcrumbs. Repeat until all of the chicken breasts are coated.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and fry until golden brown and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- In a medium sized pot head the butter on medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for a few seconds. Add the flour and stir for about 1 minute. Slowly add in the milk and chicken broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps forming in the sauce.
- Once the sauce has thickened season it with 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Add the cooked penne pasta and mix with the sauce to coat.
- Serve the pasta with the crispy cooked chicken and top with fresh parsley.
Adapted from I Knead to Eat.