Doritos Mozzarella Sticks Recipe
These mozzarella sticks are great because they are coated with crushed Doritos. If you are looking for a delicious appetizer for serve for game day or the upcoming Super Bowl, this recipe is perfect for you. Mozzarella sticks are coated with flour, then dipped in egg and then coated with crushed Doritos and fried. The best way to crush the Doritos is to put them in a food processor or blender. Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy.
Doritos Mozzarella Sticks
- 4 cups nacho cheese Doritos
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks
- Oil (for deep-frying)
- Marinara sauce (for dipping)
- Place the Doritos in a food processor and process until they resemble breadcrumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can place them in a bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Cut the cheese sticks in half, making 16 cheese sticks total.
- Add the flour to a plate or pie dish. In a bowl add the beaten eggs. In another plate or shallow pie dish add the crushed Doritos.
- Coat the cheese sticks first in the flour, then dip in the egg and then roll in the crushed Doritos. Repeat with the remaining cheese sticks.
- Heat oil in a large pot to 375 degrees F. Cook the cheese sticks in batches for about 1-2 minutes. They will cook fast, be careful not to burn them. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Adapted from I Knead to Eat.