Using crushed Doritos as a breading for chicken strips is a great idea. The Doritos give the chicken strips an excellent flavor and a nice crunch. The strips are baked in the oven so no frying is involved. The process to making this recipe is very easy—the chicken is first dipped in mayonnaise, and then rolled in a mixture of taco seasoning and crushed Doritos chips. If you want to leave the taco seasoning out, that is okay, it should taste fine without it. You can use whatever flavor of Doritos you like for this recipe; I used both Nacho Cheese and Cool Ranch. I actually think I preferred the flavor of the Cool Ranch ones a little more. You can serve these with your favorite dipping sauce or they taste great without any at all. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 bag Doritos chips (your favorite flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the chicken breasts into ½ inch strips. In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise and the milk. Place Doritos and the taco seasoning in a ziplock baggie, crush the chips into medium-sized crumbs. Pour the chip mixture into a medium-size bowl.
- Coat the chicken strips in the mayonnaise mixture and then roll in the crushed Doritos mixture. Place onto a baking sheet in a single layer (be sure not to overlap).
- Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).