If you enjoy citrus, you will enjoy this 7-Up Bundt cake. Lemon is without a doubt my favorite citrus flavor when it comes to desserts. This Bundt cake gets most of its flavor from a whopping 2 tablespoons of lemon extract and 7-Up. If you don’t want to use 7-Up any carbonated lemon-lime beverage will work as well. I knew before I had even begun making it that I would love this cake, and I was right, it was delicious. The cake turned out to be extremely moist with excellent citrus flavor. You will definitely want to take small pieces because this cake is not a light dessert by any means. This cake also had a fantastic lemon glaze that goes over it. This does not take very long to make, you can have it in the oven within 10 minutes. Enjoy.
- ¾ lb butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- ¾ cup 7 Up (or any carbonated lemon-lime beverage)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar for 20 minutes. Add eggs one at a time beating after each one. Add flour and lemon extract.
- Fold in 7 up. Pour into a greased 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- To make the glaze- in a bowl mix powdered sugar and lemon juice. When the cake has cooled drizzle the glaze over it.