Unfortunately, I have yet to post a lasagna recipe but I have something just as good- Lasagna Roll-ups. Lasagna roll ups are cooked lasagna noodles rolled up with a cheese mixture and baked in a sauce. If you are not a fan of cottage cheese it could be replaced with ricotta. This dish uses three different types of cheeses- cottage, parmesan, and mozzarella. Don’t worry if you want meat in your meals, the sauce is a meat sauce. The meat sauce is very delicious and slightly spicy. It gets the heat from a little bit of cayenne pepper, you can adjust the amount of cayenne to your taste. This is a fantastic dish to bring to a party or even to have as a meal. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 servings)Print
- ¼ lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (or more to your taste)
- 1 ¼ cups small curd cottage cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 6 lasagna noodles (cooked)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and garlic until the beef are no longer pink. Drain any excess fat from the pan.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, salt, and cayenne.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Spread half of the meat sauce on the bottom of a greased 9” baking dish.
In a bowl combine cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, and onion powder. Spread a ¼ cup of the cheese mixture evenly over each lasagna noodle.
- Roll up and place seam side down in rows in the baking dish. Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the dish is finished cooking remove from the oven and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Return to oven and cook until cheese has melted.