One of the most popular and delicious Chinese recipes is shrimp fried rice. In the past, I have posted a couple fried rice recipes – egg fried rice and chicken fried rice. In these articles, I have shared various tips on how to make delicious fried rice. In this article, I will share a few more. A key ingredient to fried rice is a fish sauce or oyster sauce. These items can be easily found in the Asian section of your local grocery store or super Wal-Mart. The most important tips to making great fried rice are using leftover rice that is at least one day old. Also, fried rice is something that you want to adjust the ingredients to your taste. I prefer a lot of garlic and soy sauce in mine. Instead of adding the egg to the pan with the rice, I usually cook and scramble it in a separate pan. With a little practice and these tips, you will be making amazing fried rice in no time. Enjoy.
(Makes 3 Servings)Print
- ½ lb small shrimp (cooked, peeled, deveined and tails removed)
- 4 cups cooked white rice (that is at least one day old)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots mix (thawed)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 green onion (sliced)
- 1/8 cup soy sauce (or more to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or oyster sauce)
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Sesame oil (for frying)
- Add a little bit of vegetable oil to the pan. In a bowl beat 2 eggs. Pour eggs into the pan and scramble until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add a little more vegetable oil to the wok.
- Stir fry white onions, green onions, garlic and peas, and carrot mix until vegetables have reached the desired tenderness. Add a little sesame oil to the wok and add the white rice. Stir fry rice for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce (or oyster sauce) and soy sauce while stir frying the rice.
- Add white pepper. Add eggs and shrimp mix well and stir fry until heated thoroughly.