Here I have for you another version of fried rice – chicken fried rice. This is a great way to make use of your leftover white rice. Make sure the rice you are using for this recipe is at least one day old, leftover rice that is even older than that would work even better. This is much similar to the recipe I posted for Chinese Fried Rice with just a few changes and I’m going to give you a couple additional tips for making fried rice. Once again, ingredients such as soy sauce, garlic and oyster sauce should be added to your taste. In this version, I decided to add the oyster sauce in the mix and I felt it gave the fried rice great flavor. When adding the rice to the wok with the sauces, make sure the wok is heated enough to sufficiently fry the rice and absorb the flavors of the sauces into the rice. For the pieces of chicken, all I did was sauté them in oil and drain on paper towels.
Uses For Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
[amazon box=”B01MSTD10R,B06XMYVHVG,B000GPTC8U” grid=”3″]Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into cubes)
- 4 cups white rice (cold and at least 1 day old)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 minced garlic cloves (or more add to your taste)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 white onion (diced)
- ½ cup soy sauce (or to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (or to your taste)
- Sesame oil (for stir frying)
- Vegetable oil
- Fry chicken pieces in oil until fully cooked or golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside. Beat eggs and fry in oil or butter and scramble. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil and one teaspoon of vegetable oil to the wok. Stir fry diced onion and garlic for 30 seconds, add peas and carrots mix and stir fry until vegetables are done to desired tenderness.
- Add a little more oil and then add the rice and stir fry for a couple minutes. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce to the rice while stir frying.
- Add the scrambled egg and chicken pieces and mix well. Heat thoroughly and serve.