And the moment you’ve all been waiting for – a recipe for black pepper chicken. If it’s well seasoned black pepper chicken is probably one of the best things you can find at any Chinese buffet. Normally thigh meat is used for this type of recipe but I decided to go with chicken breasts instead. If you enjoy dark meat chicken be sure to use boneless skinless chicken thighs! The sauce is truly outstanding, both black and white pepper and a little sake give it just the right amount of kick. There are also a few vegetables added to this recipe such as white onions, peas, and carrots. Normally on the buffet tables, they have white onions and green bell peppers and I have also seen celery in it before so just feel free to add whatever vegetables you like. You might want a little extra sauce to go with your rice, if so make sure to double or even triple the sauce depending on how much you want. Let me know how it turns out.
Top 3 Ingredients for Black Pepper Chicken Recipe
[amazon box=”B074H67H5C,B07BBT37K9,B0001EJ4CU” grid=”3″]Print
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch (for dusting)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- oil (for drying)
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sake or rice wine
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken into ½“cubes and dust chicken pieces with corn starch until fully coated.
- Deep fry (or fry in a wok) chicken in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok and stir fry diced onion for a minute or two. Add peas and carrots and stir fry for another minute. Add sauce mixture to the wok and heat until bubbling. Add chicken stirring to fully coat with the sauce. Serve with white rice.