Bacon wrapped tater tots are a delicious appetizer to prepare for a snack or to bring to parties. This is another great recipe for the upcoming Super Bowl. The process of making this appetizer is very easy—tater tots and a jalapeno slice are wrapped in bacon and then deep fried. They are then topped with cheese and served with ranch dressing. It does require a little bit of work because you have to wrap all of the tater tots individually but the end result is delicious. It is best to allow the tater tots to thaw a little out of the freezer so that you can easily slide a toothpick through them. You may not need the entire bag of tater tots so I would recommend taking out a few at a time and setting them aside to prevent contamination. The same thing goes for the pickled jalapenos. If you are looking for a great tasting appetizer for game day, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 1 (32 ounces) bag frozen tater tots
- 12 ounces bacon (each slice cut in ½)
- 16 ounces pickled jalapeno peppers (sliced)
- 1 cup Colby-jack cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- Slightly defrost the tater tots to allow the toothpicks to go through. Hold a jalapeno slice around a tater tot and then wrap a ½ slice of bacon around and secure it together with a toothpick. Repeat until all of the bacon is used up.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Deep fry tater tots in batches for 3-4 minutes or until brown and crispy looking. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all of the tater tots have been fried.
- Immediately sprinkle with cheddar cheese (you can microwave them a little so that the cheese melts better) and serve with ranch on the side.