If you love snickers candy bars you are sure to enjoy this delicious and rich cheesecake recipe. This cheesecake has such an amazing flavor it will be hard to stop eating. Snickers cheesecake is basically just what the name says—a cheesecake topped with chopped Snickers bars, peanuts, and caramel syrup. I came across this recipe on My Baking Addiction and it looked so amazing I had to give it a try. The original recipe called for a water bath but I decided not to use it. Unfortunately, the cheesecake ended up cracking in several different spots. I didn’t really mind because the snickers topping will cover it up anyways. If you do not want to cheesecake to crack I would suggest using the water bath. If you are confused about the water bath process, there is a great video on My Baking Addiction demonstrating it. This cheesecake makes an excellent dessert. Enjoy.
Snickers Cheesecake Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (8 ounce) sticks cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 20 Mini Snickers bars (cut into fourths)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts (chopped)
- ¼ cup caramel syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil to prevent leaks when using the water bath. If you want to take extra measures to prevent leaks you can place the foil wrapped spring form pan inside an oven bag while baking. Lightly spray the springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together the crust ingredients until well combined. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the springform pan. Place into the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Begin to boil a large pot of water for the water bath. In a large bowl combine cream cheese and sugar and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time (while mixing) until each is fully incorporated before adding the next. Make sure to scrape down the bowl with a spatula in between each egg. Add the heavy cream and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- pour the batter over the prepared crust in the springform pan. Place the springform pan into a larger pan and pour the boiling water into the larger pan until halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, at this point the edges will appear to be set but the center will still have some jiggle to it. Close the oven door, turn off the heat, and let the cheesecake rest in the cooling oven for one hour. After one hour, carefully remove the cheesecake from the water bath and place it into a cooling rack to cool completely. Once it has cooled, place it into the refrigerator for at least 5 hours.
- Top with Snickers bars, peanuts, and caramel syrup.
Wednesday 13th of February 2013
Sara - I am not sure how many this cheesecake would serve. As for the digestive biscuits, I really don't know much about them, sorry. If you do try it, please let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks.
Wednesday 13th of February 2013
How many people does this serve? And can I use digestive biscuits instead of graham crackers?
Thursday 24th of January 2013
hello, I'm from Brazil and looking for recipes, I found your blog, I felt wonderful! 'll experiementar this recipe today! Thank you! : D
aimee @ like mother like daughter
Tuesday 22nd of January 2013
oh my gosh, this cheesecake looks so amazing. i love snickers, i love caramel, i love cheesecake. i need to make this soon!