Here is another great combination of chocolate and peanut butter, peanut butter cheesecake. This is a great recipe to make for the Holidays and is sure to please any peanut butter fans. The crust is crushed Oreo cookies and chopped roasted peanuts. The filling is your basic cheesecake filling with the addition of peanut butter and chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. This will make a fairly large cake; it uses a 10” springform pan. It will require a little work to make but in the end, it’s well worth it! This cheesecake needs to be refrigerated for a minimum for 4 hours. If you are looking for a fantastic cheesecake recipe, give this one a try.
- 4 ½ cups Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (chopped)
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 2lbs cream cheese (softened)
- 5 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 ounces sour cream
- A ½ cup of sugar
- Put Oreo cookies and peanuts in a food processor and grind. Mix ground Oreo cookies and peanuts with the melted butter. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10” springform pan to make the crust.
- To make the filling- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each egg is added. Add sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and whipping cream. Mix until smooth. Fold in pieces of Reese’s peanut butter cups with a rubber spatula. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Place into the oven and bake at 275 degrees for 1 ½ hour or until firm and lightly browned.
Combine sour cream and sugar and pour over the cheesecake. Return cheesecake to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cheesecake to cool for 1 hour. Place into the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.