One of my new favorite salsas is Kiwi salsa. There are so many different types of salsas out there, and so many different possibilities. Before trying this recipe I was a little skeptical as to how kiwi fruit would taste in a salsa, to my surprise, it was fantastic. The flavors in this recipe blend almost perfectly, for a very light and refreshing snack. The jalapeño peppers add just the right amount of kick, and the salsa is seasoned well with cilantro, salt, and pepper. If you cannot find the pomegranate seeds, just leave them out. This is very quick and easy and makes for a great snack. Serve with corn chips. Enjoy.
Kiwi Salsa Recipe
- 3–4 ripe Kiwi fruits (peeled and chopped)
- ½ avocado (peeled and chopped)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeño pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, add Kiwis, pomegranate seeds, avocado, green onions, and olive oil.
- Add jalapeño peppers and gently fold into your taste. Add cilantro, salt, and pepper to your taste as well.
- (Makes about 1 ½ cups of salsa)
Thursday 18th of March 2010
James - Yes, they are optional. I decided not to include them personally.
Wednesday 17th of March 2010
There are no pomegranate seeds in the photo. Are these optional?
Sunday 29th of November 2009
Interesting! Will have to try this.
Saturday 28th of November 2009
Nice salsa! I really like how green it is!