Banana bread is a type of bread which is prepared from mashed bananas. It is a soft, moist, sweet, cake-like bread, which has stood the test of time and experiments. Banana bread comes into existence from a thick sweet batter full of mashed bananas, chopped nuts, and cinnamon flavors. Banana bread recipe is flavorsome and quick to make.
With its superbly moist texture, sweet bananas and sugar flavors, and extraordinarily soft crumb, this might be the best banana bread recipe you have ever tried. Pretty much the only basic necessity for preparing a banana bread is that you make use of fresh and ripe bananas.
Once the banana’s skin starts to ripen and develop marks, and you find the fruit a little too soft for enjoyable feasting, it means it is time for a banana bread recipe.
If you want, you can allow the bananas to ripen for a bit longer up until the skins start to turn brown and the fruit is almost falling apart when you are peeling it. It would make the bread even more delicious with strong and rich banana flavor.Print
- All-purpose flour 1 3/4 cups
- Granulated white sugar 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp.
- Baking soda 1/4 tsp.
- Salt 1/4 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon 1 tsp.
- Chopped walnuts or pecans 1 cup
- Eggs 2 (large and lightly beaten)
- Unsalted butter –melted and cooled 1/2 cup
- Mashed bananas 1 1/2 cups (approx. 3 large ripe bananas)
- Pure vanilla extracts 1 tsp.
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C and put an oven rack in the middle. Then take a loaf pan and grease all the sides and bottom of the pan with butter.
- Now take a piece of parchment paper and fit the paper nicely at the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Now take a large bowl and add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon in it and mix it well. Then also add the chopped nuts in it, mixing it.
- Once your dry ingredients are ready, take a medium-sized bowl to mix mashed bananas, melted butter, vanilla extract, and beaten eggs. It would make a nice banana mixture for you to use later.
- Now add the banana mixture into dry ingredients. You can use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to lightly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until they are mixed properly and the batter is thick and lumpy.
- But keep in mind that you do not over stir the batter to make it smooth. Over stirring can result in hard and overdone bread.
- Now pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and smoothen the top surface lightly with a spoon. Bake the batter into the preheated oven for about 60 to 70 minutes, until the resultant bread is golden brown. Take a toothpick and insert it into the center of the bread to see if it is properly cooked or not. If it comes out clean, the bread is cooked, but if not, then the bread for some more time.
- Then take out the pan from the oven and let it cool down. After that remove the bread from the pan and serve it warm. You can also put the bread in the freezer and serve it as a frozen bread.