Here is a quick and easy way to make your basic bean and cheese burrito. I haven’t cooked a lot of Mexican food or really posted many Mexican recipes on here but I’m going to change that. This was actually my first time making burritos and they turned out great. I thought the wrapping process might be a little complicated but it was actually quite easy, even though I’m certainly no expert. I was thinking about adding either beef or chicken but I decided not to, maybe next time. If you would like to add chicken or beef go for it! Making these burritos will take hardly no time at all as the oven does most of the work. Just mix the ingredients, wrap, place in the oven and you’re done.
- 1 (16oz) can refried beans
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 1 cup of salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 12 (6 inches) flour tortillas
- tomatoes (diced, to serve)
- sour cream (to serve)
- In a large bowl combine refried beans, salsa, rice and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix well.
Spoon about 1/3 of a cup of the mixture into the center of a tortilla. Fold up both of the sides and grab the bottom end and roll up. Repeat until are burritos have been wrapped.
- Arrange burritos in a greased baking dish, and top each burrito with cheddar cheese. Cover and place into the oven. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Serve with tomatoes, sour cream and lettuce if desired.