- 1lb ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 1 (16 ounces) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded cheese (divided)
- 10 (8 inches) flour tortillas
- Red Sauce-
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon onion (minced)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- The ¼ cup of salsa
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups water
- To make enchilada sauce- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the onion, chili powder, oregano, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, tomato sauce, and salsa. Mix well and then stir in the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice.
- Cook and stir until the liquid is evaporated. Spread 2 tablespoon refried beans, ¼ cup ground beef mixture, and 1 tablespoon of cheese down the center of each flour tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13×9” baking dishes. Repeat until all tortillas are filled. Top enchiladas with red sauce and with the remaining cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.