- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat vegetable oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee the onion until almost translucent. Add the stew meat and cook until the meat is browned on all sides (about 3-5 minutes).
pour 2 cups of water, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into the skillet. Stir in garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 ½ hour.
- Meanwhile, combine the gravy mix with 1/2 cup of cold water. Mix thoroughly and stir into the meat mixture. Bring to a boil stirring frequently until the gravy has thickened slightly. Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.