When you stuff wonton wrappers with the ingredients of a pizza you have a delicious appetizer that is perfect for your football party. This recipe consists of cheese sticks and pepperoni slices that are rolled into wonton wrappers, fried, and then served with pizza sauce. If you want you could add a little pizza sauce right into the wonton wrappers but I prefer to serve it on the side. You can easily make a large batch if you have a lot of cheese sticks. You will probably have wonton wrapper leftover, you can save them for use at a later time, or even make jalapeno popper rolls! If you want to make them bigger, you can use egg roll wraps instead of the wonton wrappers. This recipe is very easy to prepare and only consists of 6 ingredients. Enjoy.
- 8 mozzarella string cheese (cut into 3 equal portions)
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- pizza sauce (for dipping)
- 1-quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Lay out a wonton wrapper on a plate or cutting board. Place 1 pepperoni slice into the middle of the wonton wrapper. Place a piece of the string cheese in the middle of the pepperoni slice. Fold over the left and right corners of the wonton wrapper to the middle. Using a brush or the bottom of a spoon, brush the beaten egg on the edges of the wonton wrappers. Finish rolling up tightly and secure to make sure there are no leaks. Repeat until all of the string cheese is gone.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (you can also heat the oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees). Drop 3-4 of the rolled wontons into the oil at a time, and fry quickly turning once until they are golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat until all of the pizza rolls are fried. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.