- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch (for dusting)
- 1 white onion (diced)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- oil (for drying)
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sake or rice wine
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut chicken into ½“cubes and dust chicken pieces with corn starch until fully coated.
- Deep fry (or fry in a wok) chicken in batches until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok and stir fry diced onion for a minute or two. Add peas and carrots and stir fry for another minute. Add sauce mixture to the wok and heat until bubbling. Add chicken stirring to fully coat with the sauce. Serve with white rice.