Blackened chicken is so easy to make and prepare for dinner. The truth is with just a simple combination of spices you can prepare delicious and flavorful boneless chicken. Chances are you already have most or all of these spices on hand, which makes this an amazing recipe to prepare with ingredients you already have in your pantry. This chicken does have a little kick to it from black pepper, white pepper, and cayenne pepper. If you want less spice you can reduce the amount of these ingredients. The chicken is coated with the blackened seasoning and then fried in the pan. I like to serve this recipe with wild rice. Enjoy.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to ½ inch thickness)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Spice mixture-
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the spice mixture.
- Toss or sprinkle the chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces in a single layer. Cook chicken until browned on one side for about 5 minutes, then turn over and brown on the other side. Reduce the heat if needed so that the spice mixture doesn’t burn. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.