As fall approaches its time to get ready for some baking recipes. One of my favorite items to bake is Bundt cakes. This recipe, in particular, blueberry Bundt cake is amazingly delicious. It’s so good in fact you may not be able to control the temptation. I can’t say this recipe is very healthy but it sure does taste great. Some of the ingredients that go into this Bundt cake include butter, sugar, and sour cream. What’s great about this cake is the brown sugar layer that is swirled into it. This layer consists of brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. When the cake has finished baking and has cooled, you can top with your favorite icing if you choose. A basic mixture of milk and confectioners sugar works great. Enjoy.
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9” Bundt pan. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the wet batter and mix until just blended. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon half of the batter into the greased Bundt pan. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in the pan. Spoon the remaining batter over the top, and then sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over the rest of the batter. Use a knife or spatula to swirl the sugar layer into the cake.
- Place into the oven and bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Remove from the pan and dust with confectioner’s sugar.