When I am looking for something quick and easy to cook in the deep fryer breaded chicken tenders are always one of my best options. The chicken tenders are first marinated in buttermilk and garlic and then rolled in a breadcrumb and flour mixture. You can add additional seasonings as well such a black pepper, paprika, onion power, ect. I also made my own honey mustard sauce to dip these chicken tenders in. The result was delicious. Enjoy.
degrees). Drain on paper towels.Print
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (sliced into strips)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- oil (for deep frying)
Honey Mustard Sauce-
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the honey mustard sauce- in a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Store covered in the refrigerator until needed.
- In a large bowl (or resealable plastic bag) add the chicken strips. In a small bowl combine egg, buttermilk, and garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the chicken strips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- In a large plastic bag mix together flour, breadcrumbs, salt, and baking powder. Drain the chicken of the buttermilk mixture and discard the buttermilk mixture. Place chicken in the bag with breadcrumbs, seal and shake tossing to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees. Deep fry chicken tenders in batches until golden brown and the juices run clear (the internal temperature of the chicken needs to have reached 165
(Makes 6 Servings)