Looking for something a little different to start your day? If so, breakfast burritos might be perfect for you. Eating the same old cereals, pancakes or waffles can get old; it’s time to try something new. Breakfast burritos bring a combination of classic Mexican bean burritos and your favorite breakfast items. If you love bacon, eggs, and cheese, you will love these burritos. The bacon can be easily replaced with ham or sausage if you choose. It’s always a good idea to try and find a good brand of refried beans. My personal favorite is the Taco Bell brand. From experience, I have noticed some brands just don’t have the flavor that others do. These burritos are very easy to make and you will be eating them in no time at all. Enjoy.
- 1lb sliced bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 10 eggs (scrambled)
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 (10”) flour tortillas
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels. If you don’t know how to cook crispy bacon, check out my article – How to cook crispy bacon.
- In a large bowl beat eggs together. Cook and scramble the eggs with a little bit of butter or cooking spray in a skillet. Remove from pan and set aside.
- On the stove top or in the microwave warm refried beans. Heat tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds between 2 sheets of toweling.
- In the center of each tortilla put thin layer refried beans, 2 strips of bacon, some eggs, and cheese. Roll into burritos by folding the corners towards the center, grabbing the bottom and then rolling up.
- Repeat until all burritos are rolled.
- Heat each burrito in a skillet on both sides until browned.