These buffalo chicken bites make a great appetizer for game day and for parties. This recipe does take a little bit of work because you need to bread all of the bites individually. The process of making these chicken bites includes rolling the chicken and a few other ingredients into a ball and then coating them with a breading mixture. The great thing about this recipe is that the chicken bites are baked in the oven and not fried. You can adjust the amount of heat to your taste by how spicy the hot sauce is that you use. If you do not like much heat you will probably want to use a mild hot sauce. These buffalo chicken bites go great served with blue cheese dressing. Enjoy. Adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen.
(Makes 48 Bites)Print
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ to ½ cup hot sauce (to taste)
- 3 ½ ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 ¾ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 3–4 cups crushed cornflakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl mix together chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Roll a heaping tablespoon of the mixture into a 1 ½ inch ball and place onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture.
- Add flour to a shallow dish or pie plate. In another shallow dish add the eggs and in another shallow dish add the cornflakes. Roll each chicken ball first into the flour, then dip in the egg mixture and then roll in the cornflakes until evenly coated. Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chicken balls are coated.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing.