There are so many good chicken pasta dishes out there but this recipe for Cajun chicken pasta is definitely one of the best! Cajun chicken pasta is Cajun seasoned chicken tossed with a cream sauce and linguini. The highlight of this recipe is the cream sauce, this well-seasoned alfredo style sauce is nothing short of amazing. The good news is, you probably have a lot of the ingredients for this recipe on hand. I really enjoyed the sundried tomatoes, but they can be left out if you choose. For the chicken, you can season the breasts, fry them whole and then slice them instead if you choose. This chicken pasta dish is sure to please almost everyone. Enjoy.
(Makes 2 Servings)Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into small strips)
- 4 ounces linguini (cooked al dente)
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Place chicken strips and Cajun seasoning in a bowl toss the chicken with the seasoning until the chicken strips evenly coated with the seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and sauté the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
- Reduce heat to low. Add green onions, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Cook until heated through. Pour over hot linguini and toss with parmesan cheese.