These cilantro lime chicken thighs are great to prepare on the grill for summer. This recipe consists of a simple marinade that gives the chicken an amazing flavor. The main ingredients for the marinade are honey, lime juice, and cilantro. A little bit of soy sauce really adds a nice flavor to this chicken as well. You will want to allow the chicken to marinate for at least 3 hours to allow the flavor to develop. If you don’t want to use chicken thighs, you can use breasts instead. Enjoy.
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, honey, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Put the chicken thighs into a ziplock bag.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag. Place into the refrigerator and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the grill.
- Grill the chicken thighs on each side for about 4 to 5 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F).