These grilled chicken street tacos are a perfect dinner to prepare on the grill during the summer. This recipe consists of marinated grilled chicken, cilantro, and red onion on corn tortillas. You can add additional ingredients such as black beans and queso fresco cheese. A squeeze of lime juice tops these tacos off nicely. The marinade gives the chicken a lot of flavor from ingredients such as vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, and ancho chili powder. I would recommend marinating the chicken for at least 6 hours for a good amount of flavor. Enjoy.
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 20 corn tortillas (warmed in a skillet)
- Lime wedges
- Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Red onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 ½ tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Add the chicken breasts, seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours to overnight.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Grill chicken for about 5-6 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Remove from the grill. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes and then chop it into small pieces.
- Serve on warmed corn tortillas with cilantro, red onion and a squeeze of lime juice.