What makes this California club grilled cheese sandwich special is the mashed avocado. The avocado helps to create an excellent flavor in this sandwich. This sandwich is loaded with black pepper turkey, bacon, mozzarella cheese, tomato and mashed avocado. Any type of sliced deli turkey meat will work for this recipe if you do not want to use the black pepper turkey. I like to save time by using pre-cooked bacon for these sandwiches. I like to have chips or French fries on the side. Enjoy.
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 tomato slices
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 4 slices deli pepper turkey
- 1 ripe avocado (mashed)
- butter (for spreading)
- Top each of 2 of the bread slices with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread on half of the mashed avocado. Top with 1 slice of tomato, 2 slices of turkey, 2 slices of bacon, one more slice of mozzarella cheese and the remaining bread slice.
- Spread butter onto the top of the top slice of bread.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Place sandwiches into the skillet butter side down. Spread butter on top of each sandwich.
- Cook over medium-low heat turning once for about 6-8 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Turn the sandwiches and cook for 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.