- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla extract. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in carrots, walnuts, coconut, and pineapple.
Pour into a greased 9×13” baking pan and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, to the make cream cheese frosting- In a bowl beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time and beat until smooth. Spread frosting over the top of the cake.