This cheesy taco pasta combines shells with taco meat and cheese for a simple yet delicious dinner. I prepared this recipe on the stovetop and then placed the taco pasta into a baking dish, topped with additional cheese and crushed Doritos for a nice crunch. You can use your favorite taco seasoning for this recipe. The prepared taco meat is mixed in a pot with salsa and the cooked noodles. Top with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy.
Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
- 1/2lb large pasta shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 cup jarred salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed Doritos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the pasta shells according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef while breaking it up into chunks with a spatula. Drain any excess grease. Add the taco seasoning and the water and cook, stirring occasionally until there is no water left.
- Combine the cooked taco meat with the pasta shells, salsa and 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and crushed Doritos.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the casserole is bubbly.