Because sour cream is used in place of cream cheese, this particular cheesecake recipe is exceptionally smooth and creamy.
It has a unique tang to it, and it is lighter in texture because of the sour cream used in it. It is topped with a homemade cherry sauce, rather than a canned one, which is much more tasty and satisfying.
This is the Recipe for My Cherry CheesecakePrint
Akunna recently started her Youtube channel to share her love for food and cooking. She believes food is a universal way to bring people together from all backgrounds. Cheesecake is her favourite dessert, and this recipe showcases how simple it is to create this delight.
- 125 gms digestive biscuits
- 100 gms butter
- 300 gms cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 gms icing sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 250 gms black cherry preserve
- 100 gms fresh black cherries
- I used about 12-15 Sweet Cinnamon Graham crackers and about 6 – 8 tablespoons of softened butter and mixed it together in a food processor (you can also add sugar but it’s not necessary if your Graham crackers are sweet)
Filling (make sure everything is at room temp):
- I used 4 8oz cream cheese bars, 1 1/4 cup of organic sugar, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 tablespoon of vanilla and 5 eggs (add eggs one by one and mix in between)
- Bake crust at 350 for about 8 minutes then let it cool before adding the filling
- Add filling to the crust and bake for 10 minutes at 425 and then reduce the oven to 325 and bake for 1 hour.
Total bake time is 1hr and 18 minutes (including the time to bake the crust individually)
- I used a springform pan and I wrapped it in foil to prevent leaking
- I added water to the pan to prevent cracking while it bakes (as seen in the video)
- Let it cool for 8 hours + then add the cherry pie topping
- The cherry pie topping was from a can by the brand Food Lion
- Depending on how thick you like your crust or how much crust you like you will need to change the number of graham crackers and butter you use.
This recipe is provided by Akunna who recently started her Youtube channel to share her love for food and cooking. She believes food is a universal way to bring people together from all backgrounds. Cheesecake is her favorite dessert, and this recipe showcases how simple it is to create this delight.