You can stuff pita pockets with all sorts of different ingredients but stuffing them with Caesar salad is certainly among the best. There is really not much to this recipe but a few simple steps. The only part that takes a little work is seasoning and grilling the chicken, as well as cooking the bacon. You can use bottled Caesar dressing or even make your own. If you’re feeling adventurous, give the dressing from my Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe a try. The original recipe calls for croutons but I chose to leave them out. It is totally up to you if you wish to add them or not. This can also work with leftover chicken if you don’t care about the seasonings. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Chicken Caesar Pitas Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2lb bacon
- 1 large head romaine lettuce leaves (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 (8 ounces) bottle Caesar salad dressing
- Grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (10 ounces) package pocket pita bread (halved)
- Croutons (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- Grease an indoor grill pan or an outdoor grill and heat to medium-high heat. In a small bowl combine garlic powder, thyme, and rosemary. Season chicken breasts with the garlic powder mixture on both sides.
- Place chicken on the grill and cook chicken until it is fully cooked and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees. Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- While chicken is grilling place bacon strips in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Once the bacon has cooled crumble it into small pieces. Once the chicken has cooled slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, bacon, lettuce, and croutons (if using). Toss with Caesar salad dressing and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the Caesar salad mixture into pita bread halves.
Robin @ Mom Foodie
Wednesday 3rd of October 2012
I make Caesar roll-ups sometimes, but after seeing these, I am going to pick up some of those 60 calorie pitas next time :)
Mary @ Delightful Bitefuls
Sunday 3rd of April 2011
My mouth is wattterrring!
Great blog; happy I found you!
Mary xo Delightful Bitefuls
Saturday 2nd of April 2011
This is what I like, a simple and delicious recipe. And most of all, very flexible to ones varying tastes. Thank you for sharing.
Friday 1st of April 2011
Oh my goodness I am SO making this soon!