In this unique recipe for chicken Chesapeake, chicken and seafood are combined to make a delicious dish that is perfect for dinner. This dish consists of chicken breasts that are seasoned with old bay seasoning and stuffed with a crab mixture. The crab mixture gets a great deal of flavor from cream cheese and lemon juice. After the chicken breasts are stuffed, they are fried in the bacon grease and then placed into the oven to finish the cooking process. To add even more depth and flavor to this already great recipe, the chicken breasts are topped off with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese to finish cooking! This recipe for chicken Chesapeake makes a get meal for any night of the week. Enjoy! Adapted from Tide & Thyme.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Chicken Chesapeake Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 strips thick-cut bacon (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- juice of the ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces lump crab meat (picked for shells)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish (with olive oil or cooking spray). Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, turning once, until starting to crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels. Leave the bacon grease in the pan to cook the chicken after it has been stuffed.
- To make the filling- in a medium bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and salt. Gently fold the lump crab into the mixture until just combined. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with
- Old Bay seasoning. With a paring knife cut a pocket into the center of each chicken breast that’s about 2 inches long by 1 inch wide. Stuff 2-3 tablespoons of the crab mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast. Tuck the top back over the filling and secure using two toothpicks. Repeat until all of the chicken breasts are stuffed.
- Heat the pan with the reserved bacon grease to medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes on each side (until brown). Remove the chicken from the pan and place into the greased baking dish. Top each chicken breast with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees). Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Saturday 13th of July 2013
Looks yummy.Will definitely try this.Thanks a lot
Friday 12th of July 2013
Matt - Sorry, I do not have a recipe for that. I am not familiar with the volcano burrito from Taco Bell.
Friday 12th of July 2013
You have such great recipes I was wondering if you knew how to make the volcano burrito from Taco Bell
Wednesday 10th of July 2013
Yum! That stuffing sounds great and I'll bet you could also stuff a piece of fish like halibut with it as well as the chicken.