- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 ½ onion (diced, divided)
- 6 (12 inches) flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 (6 ounces) can slice black olives
- 4 cups refried beans
- A ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 avocados (peeled and pitted)
- ½ cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 green onions (diced)
- ¼ cup jalapeno chile peppers
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, rice, enchilada sauce, and diced onion. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in shredded cooked chicken and mix well.
- Heat refried beans in a saucepan over low heat until they stir easily. Heat tortillas in a large skillet or in the microwave so that they fold easily.
- Spoon equal amounts of refried beans onto each tortilla followed by equal amounts of the chicken/rice mixture, Monterey jack cheese, and black olives. Roll up the tortillas¸while tucking in the sides. Secure the wrapped tortillas with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry the filled tortillas, turning once until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- To make guacamole- in a medium bowl mash together avocados and lemon juice. Stir in cilantro, green onions, jalapeño peppers, and tomatoes. Top chimichangas with cheddar cheese, guacamole, and sour cream.