Chicken enchilada pasta is a delicious and slightly spicy dish that is perfect for any night of the week. This recipe consists of ingredients such as shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, cheese, sour cream, and various seasonings. If you want to save time, you can use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and shred it, or you can use leftover cooked chicken as well. The dish can be topped with a variety of different ingredients such as avocado, green onion, tomato, black olives, and sour cream. Whatever you like to put on your enchiladas or tacos will go great with this pasta dish. There is nothing complicated about this recipe; it is very easy to prepare and makes for an amazing dinner. Enjoy. Adapted from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour.
(Makes 4 Servings)
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 (4 ounces) can dice green chilies
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green chili enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (16 ounces) package penne pasta
- green onions
- sour cream
- black olives
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil to medium heat in a large deep skillet. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Add shredded cooked chicken, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, salt, green enchilada sauce, and red enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Colby-jack cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Stir in the sour cream over low heat. Stir until the sour cream is well incorporated. Cook on low until heated through.
- Drain the pasta and add it to a large serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well. Serve with toppings such as avocado, green onions, tomatoes, black olives, and sour cream.
Wednesday 13th of November 2013
So delicious! My super picky husband and son left the table full!!! Totally recommended
Wednesday 15th of August 2012
My husband is a Drill Instructor for the USMC , I am going to make this for his company tonight, it looks so good and is full of protein which is a plus!
Thursday 17th of May 2012
Sounds to good, to not make it for dinner tonight!
Sunday 13th of May 2012
This was a hit on this lovely Mothers Day.
Saturday 12th of May 2012
Going to make this today for a pot luck with a Mexican theme. Can't wait to try it!!