One of my favorite things to get from Taco Bell is their chicken grilled stuffed burrito. When I came across this recipe and I saw that it was very similar to the burrito I get at Taco Bell, I knew I had to give it a try. What makes it so similar is that the burrito is cooked on both sides in the frying pan until it is browned. This burrito is loaded with ingredients such as shredded chicken, rice, black beans, and sour cream. You can add additional ingredients as well, some good options maybe are guacamole or pico de gallo. You can adjust the amount of heat in these burritos by the spiciness of the salsa you choose. I personally prefer my burritos not to be too spicy so I just used mild salsa. These burritos are very easy to make and are perfect for dinner any night of the week. Enjoy. Adapted from Elizabeth Lou & Company.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- juice of 1 lime
- The ½ cup of salsa
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a saucepan mix cooked brown rice together with chili powder and garlic salt. Add cooked shredded chicken, salsa and black beans. Cook until heated through. Sprinkle cheese over the tortillas, leaving ½ inch border around the edges. Add dollops of sour cream over the cheese. Arrange some of the chicken and rice mixture down the center of each tortilla. Bring the sides of the tortilla toward the center of the filling. Fold the bottom of the tortillas up over the filling and continue to roll until the burrito closes. Spray the seam side of each burrito lightly with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place wraps into the skillet seam-side down and cooks until golden brown and crisp on the bottom, turn over and cook until golden brown on the other side (about 2-3 minutes per side).