With the return of football season brings the return of delicious appetizer recipes to serve at your game day party. One of my favorite items to prepare for game day are sliders. There are many different ways to prepare sliders but these cheeseburger sliders are a delicious option. These sliders are basically your classic cheeseburger but smaller. They are topped with ingredients such as dill pickle slices, minced onion, and a delicious burger sauce. The hamburger patties are grilled but you could cook them in the frying pan as well. If you have trouble finding slider buns, you could use dinner rolls. I like to use the dollar rolls that I find in the bakery section at Wal-Mart. If you are looking for an excellent slider recipe to prepare for game day, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 1 ½ lbs ground chuck
- slider buns (or dinner rolls)
- salt and pepper
- sliced cheddar cheese (cut into 4 squares)
- dill pickle slices
- ½ cup onion (minced)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/16 teaspoon white vinegar
- hot sauce (to taste)
- pepper to taste
- In a bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, onion, garlic, and vinegar. Season with hot sauce and pepper to taste. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Form ground chuck into small patties. Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill, and preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Place patties onto the grill and cook, turning once, until the patties are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees). During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with 2 of the sliced cheese squares.
- Slice the slider buns in half and place cut down onto the grill. Cook until lightly toasted on the bottom. Remove from the grill.
- Place slider patties onto the bottom half of a bun. Top with minced onion, dill pickle slices, and burger sauce. Place the top half of the bun onto the slider.