Chicken nuggets make a great snack or even a great addition to a dinner or lunch. This recipe is very kid friendly… your kids are sure to be pleased with these chicken nuggets. The chicken is first rolled in flour, dipped in egg and then rolled in a bread crumb mixture. For the seasonings, you can tweak it to your taste. If you want a little heat, add some cayenne pepper or chili seasoning into the flour mixture. With this recipe, I will give you two options of cooking the chicken nuggets – deep frying or baking in the oven. I deep fried them just because it’s faster but for those of you that don’t have a deep fryer, the oven works just as good if not better. Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 servings)
Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted, if baking in the oven)
- Oil (if deep frying)
- On a plate combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a small bowl beat egg and milk. On another plate combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Coat chicken strips first in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat until all strips are coated.
- If deep frying – Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees and deep fry chicken nuggets in batches for 6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- If baking in the oven – Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until strips are no longer pink inside.
Saturday 9th of October 2010
Megan - Yes, I think it could work but I am not positive. If you try it let me know how it works out. I am glad you enjoyed the recipe!
Saturday 9th of October 2010
Hey Bobby! We made these tasty little morsels tonight and oh my where they scrumptious! I was wondering if instead of sprinkling butter could we possibly use cooking spray? It just seemed like the amount of butter was so small that cooking spray might work. what do you think? Thanks for the yummy recipe :)
Wednesday 18th of February 2009
sanjay - I am not sure about a standard for making chicken nuggets. I would say this is very similiar to how they are made typically though.
The nuggets should be floured, then dipped in egg and milk followed by the breadcrumbs.
Sunday 15th of February 2009
I did make the chicken nuggets......it came out good but just wanted to know if this is a fixed standard recipe. and is this recipe followed in restaurants etc...?
also do we need to dip the chicken pieces in milk before we start the process?
Tuesday 3rd of February 2009
This recipe is really good! My daughter loved them! Thanks!