chicken. I have seen many different recipes all using different methods but I decided to try this one. I prefer Italian flavors over cream of mushrooms soup and such. Even though I am not a big fan of ricotta cheese a lot of it goes into this recipe. Not only does ricotta go into this recipe but mozzarella and parmesan cheeses go into it as well. I really like the fresh garlic in the stuffing mixture; it adds a great amount of flavor. This recipe is very easy and all of the stuffing ingredients can be mixed in a food processor to save time. Serve with garlic bread. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 servings)
- 1 box jumbo uncooked pasta shells
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 (30 oz) container ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 basil leaves (torn)
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 28 oz pasta sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Rinse with cold water, separate and set aside.
- Combine garlic, chicken, ricotta cheese, bread crumbs, half and half, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil and parmesan cheese in a food processor. Process until combined. If you don’t have a food processor, mix well with a spoon.
- Pour half of the pasta sauce into the bottom of a large baking dish. Stuff shells 1 by 1 with the chicken/cheese mixture and place in rows into the baking dish on top of the sauce.
- Top the shells with shredded mozzarella and pour the over half of the sauce over the top of shells. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.