This chili cheese dog dip is the perfect appetizer to add to any super bowl party! This recipe is pretty much pigs in a blanket with a chili cheese dip. Little smokies are wrapped in crescent rolls and placed into a cast iron skillet and a chili cheese dip is added into the center and baked to perfection in the oven. You can also prepare this in a baking dish such as a pie dish. The chili cheese dip is a combination of canned chili, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Enjoy.
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 1 package cocktail wieners
- Olive oil (for brushing the dough)
- Chili Cheese Dip-
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 can chili
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Unroll the crescent roll dough and cut each triangle into 3 pieces. Roll a slice around each cocktail wiener, forming a pig in a blanket. Place them side by side in the cast iron skillet to form a wreath shape. Brush the tops of the pigs in a blanket with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl mix together cream cheese, chili and 1 cup of cheddar. Pour mixture into the center of the wreath. Sprinkle with ½ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and the cheese has melted. Top with diced green onions and let cool for 5-7 minutes before serving.