Chances are if you go to the Chinese buffet you have probably seen the crab casserole. I am sure most Chinese restaurants make this casserole different but the one here consists of imitation crab, onion and celery that is topped with cheese. You can easily make this casserole at home just by combining the ingredients in a bowl, spreading the mixture into a casserole dish, topping with cheese and the baking in the oven. If you have had this at the Chinese buffet before, you will know that it is very rich, I would recommend serving it as a side dish. Enjoy.
- 16 ounces imitation crab meat
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 ¼ cups mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, lemon juice, garlic salt, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, and milk. Mix well to combine and stir in the imitation crab meat. You can also add in any vegetables you may want, I added a little bit of sliced celery and onion.
- Spoon into a greased casserole dish, top with the remaining cheese.
- Place into the oven and Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the casserole is bubbly.